Wednesday, December 17, 2008
1. Marian needs a proper physician. ( don't I know it)
2. Marian needs a man (Edward's working swing shift this week, and I work days - I won't see him for 3 days.
3. Marian needs a hero.
4. Marian needs help. (This goes without saying)
5. Marian needs to prove that she is still valuable????
6. Marian needs a business loan, maybe.
7. Marian needs to deal with her coeliac disease once and for all. (Wikipedia says this is a disease of the small intestine - diarrhea, failure to thrive, fatigue - hahahahaha!)
8. Marian needs donations of money, food, clothing, toiletries. (All donations welcome!)
9. Marian needs to be known for something.
10. Marian needs. (Enough said)
Saturday, October 25, 2008
2. In addition to the job, I have 20 piano students, who I teach after school. I have a blast with these kids. We're having our very first recital in December.
3. Edward started school at UTSA (University of Texas at San Antonio) this fall, and he dominates the computer ALL the time (luckily, today he is off on some church service project and the computer is free).
4. Since my weeks are so busy, I have to do all the errands, cleaning, church calling stuff on the weekends, and blogging just isn't top on the list.
Despite all the busy-ness, we have had lots of fun moments. Here are some highlights since I laste posted:
Cutie-pie (the niece, of course - hehe)
I promise I will try to post more often!!! Have a Spooktacular Halloween!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
It's time I told the truth. I have a serious addiction to Sesame Street. Sad, I know. I don't even have any kids. Below are some of the reasons I think it is so great. I mean, they get the best performers on that show! Watch and see if you don't get hooked too. . . .
Friday, June 20, 2008
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Your founders were so clever,
I hope that I never
Disgrace them by buying generic.
So I'll grab myself a cow
And go eat some right now
You're the best thing since apple pie!
(which tastes great with Homemade Vanilla, by the way!)
Monday, May 5, 2008
Saturday, April 26, 2008
We found yummy blackberries (Edward claims they're called "Dewberries", but I didn't see ANY dew on them). Is it illegal to eat food grown in a state park?
Friday, April 4, 2008
I'm supposed to list 5 things that no one knows about me. This is going to be difficult. I'm quite transparent. Umm. . .
1. I am still homesick for Puerto Rico. Seriously, you'd think after 5 years I would get over it or something, but no, every day I still have little pangs for "mi patria".
2. I teach private piano lessons. Nobody knows this, because I just started. I just signed up my 5th student, and I have SOOOO much fun. It's exciting to be doing something that I'm passionate about again.
3. I make breakfast for my husband every morning. This is no small feat, since he leaves the house between 6 and 6:30 every morning, and I am SO not the morning person.
4. I jog 6 1/2 miles every day. Yeah, you wouldn't know it. But I do.
5. I have a hummingbird feeder(and 2 hummingbirds that visit it). This is as close to pets as Edward will let me get. I LIVE for these birds! ;)
Okay, now here's the part where I tag someone else. I tag. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sarah Jane (hopefully she reads my blog!)
Thursday, March 27, 2008
It stands for San Antonio Shoe. Go figure. This is the awesomest place in all of San Antonio. I would recommend it to people before the Alamo. No joke.
My precious new nephew. He's gorgeous, isn't he?
A tribute to the United States of Texas!
Just thought we needed a picture with the state senators from 2001.
My ONE WHOLE picture that I took at SeaWorld (my batteries died), and he's looking bored out of his mind. Amazing.
I am already scheming for an excuse to go see these guys again. We had a great time!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
The U.S.S. Lexington in Corpus Christi
It took us 4 hours to tour this ship - and Edward made sure we didn't miss any of it.
Okay, the military didn't provide this one, but what person in their right mind would give up an opportunity to remember Selena?!? Plus it was free, too. If you're wondering about the weird angle, there was an old latina abuela with her granddaughter worshipping the statue on the other side. I had to wait until they weren't looking to strike a pose. I'm such a blasphemer. Selena Vive!
The Air Show at Randolph Air Force Base
This isn't Edward's base, just another of the bajillion military bases in San Antonio. Because we're military, we didn't have to wait in line, we just drove right into the base and parked on a random street and walked right into the show. It was AWESOME! And it was free.
He's gonna kill me for adding this one! Heehee